High-Performing Services Organization: Technical Infrastructure IT Refresh Design and Deployment
Client: Grady Hospital
Challenge: Grady Health System is one of the largest public health systems in the United States. Grady consists of the 953-bed Grady Memorial Hospital, neighborhood health centers, Crestview Health & Rehabilitation Center and Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta at Hughes Spalding, which is operated as a Children’s affiliate. Client requirements required a completely new, state of the art IT Infrastructure. This new network infrastructure would include a complete overall through the entire hospital and satellite clinics encompassing Voice, Data, and Wireless. The network had to be intelligently rolled out in an ultra detailed systematic approach as to not impact life impacting hospital 24/7 functions.
Solutions: Intellispring designed, staged all equipment, transported, implemented and deployed the technology to meet the needs of the client.
- Calculated and assessed the current and future needs
- Designed a complex network scheme to meet the client’s needs
- Development of a scalable, repeatable process for delivery of teams
- Project planning and management, including the mapping of deliverables to a timetable
- Deployed state of the art Cisco Nexus7000 platform switches
- Conducted surveys and deployed secure complex wireless solution
- Replaced and configured all major networking components within facility
Business Impact: Our solution provided the following benefits to the client:
- The implementation was deployed systematically migrating the new network components and phasing out the old. We utilized PMP best project management practices and the process. The rollout was a complete success and lasted over 1 year as planned.